Wednesday, May 15

My New Obsession: Bii

I first heard of him last year, because his songs were the OST for Zhong Wu Yan (starring Ming Dao and Cheryl Yang), but didn't really look into him because he was in the military...now he's back with a new album (Come Back to Bii) and OMG!
 

He's so adorable (even though his eyeliner makes me feel eh) and has a nice voice and most of his songs are awesome...can you feel my fangirl-ness? From his mv's, it seems that he can play multiple instruments too.
What's interesting is that he is Taiwanese-Korean. According to wikipedia, people bullied him for being a mix when he was a kid. That's so sad and stupid! But I think that just makes him unique and it's nice how he embraces both of his identities. I read somewhere that Bii stands for "Be I, I". Also, in a lot of his songs there is a mix of Mandarin and Korean. I'm not a k-ent fan, but for some reason, his Korean sounds different from kpop songs.
 
Here is a very very nice song from his new album.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club LOL Love Bii's new stuff and yep hes even said in interviews that while growing up in korea he was treated different because he had a foreign father, he was never given citizenship even though he was born there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, those interviews make me so sad. i also read somewhere that he worked in a factory in China and was made fun of for his accent. T.T

      Delete