Tuesday, August 13

Review: Sweet Sweet Bodyguard 剩女保镖

Brief Synopsis (of main plot)
Zhen Ai Jia (Summer Meng- why does dramawiki list her as teresa meng?) was raised military style and was trained to be a bodyguard by her dad, but all she wants to do is to be a "normal girl". So, she signs a contract with her dad that after this last client, she will retire and get married. But, of course, the client He Zhong Qi (Alien Huang) is arrogant, full of rules, and full of insults. Ai Jia wants to do many things to him, but protecting is not one.


My Thoughts
This 82 eps drama took me way Way WAY too long to watch. Different parts made me love/hate the drama in different ways...so spoiler alert!

The first couple of eps was all comedy and very entertaining to watch. But a lot of things really brought out the feminist in me. It annoyed me when Ai Jia cried about how she just wants to be a normal girl and be protected by a guy. And when she was allowed to go shopping, OF COURSE she went and bought a pink floral-y dress. Then later, I got pissed off when Zhong Qi's grandma went on and on about how she needed Zheng Ya Lun (Li Li Ren) to change his surname and carry on the Qin name. I was only slightly annoyed when Mrs. Qin was telling Qin Ming Yu (Bonnie Yu) that everything would be better if she was a boy and could help out at the company.
What was really AWESOME about this drama though, was that it developed all the sub-plots very nicely. Zheng Ya Lun and Du Cai Jie (Yuan Ai Fei)'s relationship had pretty much the same amounts of hardships and plot twists as the main OTP. And also their son, Winnie is the cutest kid in the world. =) Anyways, it was nice of the script writer to let the minor characters have relationships and stories too.
Even though this was a really long drama and plot twists were pretty much the only way to keep it interesting, there was still way too much. Do you know how emotionally draining they are? The whole Winnie ordeal left me sobbing, and I just didn't want to cry anymore after that. And Du Cai Jie's dad randomly showing up in the end and ruining everything? What was the point of that?
Everyone where pretty good at acting though. (Although Summer can maybe improve with here crying?) Basically what I mean by this is that the bitches made me hate them a lot. I really felt like slapping them many times. Even up until the last couple of eps.
In the end though, this drama made me laugh and cry and laugh and it's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment