Tuesday, June 25

First Impression: Patisserie with No Name 没有名字的甜点店

Synopsis: Tian Tian (Sandrine Pinna) is a pastry chef (is that what they're called?) who just came back to Taiwan from France. (btw: when she speaks some French it makes me sooo happy that I can understand her with my French 2 vocab). She opens the patisserie...and it doesn't have a name. Allen (Liu Yi Hao) got his stuff stolen which caused him to run around (shirtless) and end up at the patisserie. He decides to work there and that's how our OTP meets. Yu Shang Wen (Shiou/ Xiu Jie Kai) is some awesome chef from France and Tian Tian's ex. There are a bunch of mini stories (mostly 1 ep long) for all the different customers.

I like the name "Amour et Patisserie" more than "Patisserie with No Name" but that's ok.

I've only watched 4 eps and I'M SO IN LOVE. First of all, the cast. They are all just so adorable, especially Xiao Jie, Tian Mi's (Tian Tian's sister) son. Their family is rather complicated, and I don't want to explain it all because, well, it's complicated. Liu Yi Hao has the cutest smile ever. He really reminds me of Nicholas Teo from Smiling Pasta. And Sandrine is so pretty!
Next, the story. It's not your usual Twdrama (yet) and I like that. It only has 13 eps and pretty fast-paced, except I heard that nothing really happens in episode 5 so...
The editing is a little weird because I feel that it pauses on scenes for a little too long, but the cinematography is awesome. Even if you don't like the other parts of the drama, you should just watch for the deserts. They are beautiful. And mouthwatering.
capture-20130614-210954
As of now, I am really really loving this drama. And I really hope it will stay this awesome. Here is a long trailer (not subbed). Don't watch if you don't want spoilers!

2 comments: