Sunday, March 31

Break the Glass: Chapter 3 (Updated 4/9/2013)

(Why is my format all messed up?)

Dear Diary,
My life is so empty now. During the drama in the past few days, I've lost Darren. He was pretty much the most important person in my life! I feel like I lost my friends too. Talking to Kathy is awkward. I don't know why though. I'm not even mad at her. Ashley is still on her cruise. Will she be talking to me even if she was here? I don't know, but I hope so.
My life is so sad that I want school to start, even if it means sitting through boring lectures and hanging out in bathrooms all day.

The last few days of winter break were the worst. I didn't do anything, other than sitting in front of my laptop all day, everyday, wallowing in self pity. I became more and more nervous about school. What are people going to say? I'm not popular, pretty nerdy, in fact, but Darren is much higher in the social hierarchy. And now that we're over, what are they all going to say? The good thing is I only have two classes with Darren. Lunch and gym. I don't have to talk to him in those, but I was still scared. I can't help it!
For some reason, Michelle only needs me for lunch and gym, because of unnecessary mirrors and reflective surfaces. Someone got a new shiny water bottle for Christmas. I think that is pretty stupid. 
On the way there, a random guy called out to me. I guess he's Darren's friend. “So you ain't Darren's girl no more?"
I mumble something along the lines of, "Umm . . .yeah?" and awkwardly run towards the cafeteria. When Ashley finally shows up, I forget about the random thing that just happened and immediately blurt, “Oh my god! You are so tan!” It is the truth and also the first thing I noticed. Then I realize I have to apologize. “Oh, and sorry about last time.” Pretty much the same thing I said to Kathy.
“It's ok. I can't ever stay mad at you,” I let out a sigh of relief. I still have a friend. “Because there's always something important I have to tell you, like right now.” That's why I love Ashley.
“What?”
“Did you know there's a new girl?”
No. No I do not. “Umm, no. What new girl?”
“Eh . . . she's not really new anymore. She came before winter break, but I just saw her today.”
Interesting. “Oh. What does she look like?”
“Umm, she's blonde and-” She stops and half points behind me. “She's right there.”
I really want to turn my head, but Michelle doesn't, so of course I can't. “Tell Michelle to turn her head! I want to see!” Ashley finds it amusing. I think that is sadistic of her. Then, magically, Michelle turns around. I smile, but it's wiped straight off my face when I actually see the new girl. Is this the right time to use “curiosity killed the cat”?
“Why is she talking to Darren? That's so not allowed!”

“Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't control who talks to who,” says Ashley.
“I don't care.”
“Ok Michelle. Whatever you say.”

I was on my way back into the Reflection World, away from the glass, when I see the new girl again. She sees me too and walks over. It is more of a strut though.
“You're Michelle,” she says while tossing her ugly blonde hair.
I raise my eyebrows. She's the type of girl I can't stand. Ditzy, stupid, and arrogant. Darren didn't like them either. “You're the new girl, right?”
“I'm Reya Bree and I don't like you.” I might have just told myself that I didn't like her, but I was taken aback. Also, what kind of name is that?
“Umm what? Excuse me? I just met you today.”
“So what? It doesn't matter, because I know a lot about you. And I'm going to make your life miserable.”
“Alrighty then. Have fun,” I say, but she left already, blonde hair flying in the air.
Okay. What the serious fuck just happened? This random bitch shows up, talks to Darren and then tells me she hates me. That's nice. I should write my life into a drama. It'll probably get really good ratings.
I walk home, trying to understand everything. So this girl hates me and she also knows Darren, apparently, even though she's new. Maybe she has a crush on Darren, but he still has feelings me for, so it's a messy love triangle. I wish.
I know I don't like her because of her attitude and she was talking to my Darren. By why does she hate me? And she heard of me before? I guess I'm more popular than I though. Or maybe she was just high off of some new drug. That sounded the most plausible. She's just a crazy bitch, I tell myself. But I keep hearing her threat about making my life miserable. I hope I won't ever have to see her again. It would be great if my life doesn't get any worse than this. Seriously. She's not helping me get over my breakup.
Enough of that guessing and worrying. I changed course and ended up at Ashley's house. It was time for some gossip.

“That was really straightforward of her.” I nod.
“Yeah. I was like, 'What just happened to me?' Like seriously. You need to help me with this.”
“Ok,” says Ashley. “I don't exactly know much though. I think she moved from the same town as Darren.”
Darren moved here a while back. Then we started dating.
“Really? That's coincidental.”
“Maybe you guys are all connected by fate. Say she had a crazy crush on Darren, then he moved here and started dating you. So, of course, she got jealous and came here to break you guys up. But you guys already broke up and now she's pissed that she's stuck in a crappy town.”
“Ash, you watch too many dramas.” That is all I can say.
“So do you. And if I'm too drama-obsessed, it's all your fault.”
That much is true, I guess. “Yeah, sure.”
“You should ask Kathy about that new girl. She knows all the gossip.”
“But I don't want to talk to her.”
“You guys need to make up.”
“I already did.”
“Then go talk to her.”
“But it's awkward.”
“Stop whining.”
After a long time, Ashley convinced me to talk to Kathy. I don't know how. Ashley decided the easiest way to do that is to have her come over right over. I play with a loose thread in my jacket while she calls Kathy.
“Hey Kathy!” Ashley says into her phone. “Wanna come over to my house?” Pause. “Umm...right now?” A longer pause. “Yeah, that's totally fine. Michelle's over too.” Pause number three. “Yay! See you soon!”
Ashley hangs up and looks over at me. “She's coming, but she's also bringing a friend with.”
“She has friends other than the two of us?” We laugh at that, but then I stop. “ Wait. I can't do this with a stranger here.”
“Well, sucks for you then.”
“But, Ashley! This wasn't part of the agreement! It's not fair!”
And then I couldn't do anything, because the doorbell rings. Ashley runs out of the room to open the door for them. Why is she so excited? Shaking my head, I run out too and crash into Ashley, who has frozen in the middle of the hallway. I was going to ask her what was going on, when Kathy and her new friend appeared.
“Hi Ashley! Hi Michelle!” says Kathy. “This is Reya Bree. I thought that we could all hang out together.” The blonde bitch looks at me and smiles. I smile too, and I hope it was convincing. I'm a good actress, and this is the perfect time for my acting skills.
I decide to chicken out and put on a panicked expression. “Oh my gosh! Nice to meet you Reya, but I just remembered that I promised my mother to be home for dinner! I got to go. Bye!” All through this, I avoid looking at Ashley. I don't know if she is pissed, or amazed at my skills.
I think about talking more, but then decide against it and sprint out the door. I don't look back or stop until I am halfway to my house. I would've kept on running, but I am exhausted. For a while, I lean against a tree, gasping for breath. That girl is totally stalking me. She's everywhere!
I wonder how Ashley is doing with those two. I smile to myself. Can't wait to hear about it. Then I make a mental note to work out more.

Ashley: MICHELLE!!! I can't believe you left me alone!!!!!
Me: Hahahahahahahaha...sorry...what was I supposed to do?
Ashley: Umm...stay there with me?
Me: Yeah, like that was going to happen.
Ashley: Wow you're a great friend.
Me: Lol, I'm your bffl.
Ashley: And you left so dramatically. Like all that acting and the sprinting out part. Was that seriously necessary?
Me: Ok. Maybe I was having a little too much fun with that.
Ashley: You should be an actress.
Me: Yeah, I totally should.
So what happened after I left? Was it awesome? Some bonding time with Reya?
Ashley: Oh. Now you're interested.
Me: TELL ME
Ashley: Well, you may or may not become really really pissed. I'm not sure if I want to tell you.
Seriously though.
Me: I don' care. If you don't tell me, I'm going to flip out.
Ashley: Ok. Are you ready for this?
Me: OMG ASHLEY
Ashley: Calm down
Me: ASHLEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashely: Reyaisdarrensex
Me: Reya is darren sex?
Ashley: Ha. Ha.
You're avoiding what I just said.
Me: WHAT DID DARREN SEE IN HER?
And then he dated me next. So what does that say about me?
Ashley: Umm...Idk
But on the bright side, we were right about her liking him. At least.
Me: But does that mean that in Darren's mind, I'm the same type of girl as her?
Ashley: Maybe he broke up with her because he realized what a bitch she is.
Me: But he broke up with me too.
Ashley: I'm trying to help you here...
Me: Sorry
But what???? I don't understaaaaand!!!...........
What is this? My life has been a lie!!
Ashley: K. I'm going to leave you alone so that you can digest this news.
Bye!!
Me: Wait...Ashley!!
Come back. Don't leave me! I need you!!
Ashley: Haha. Revenge
Kbye.
And then she logs off. I guess all I can do is try to digest this news, like she told me to do.

The next day at school, I greatly appreciated my Body's intelligence. Being in all honors and AP classes meant that I could avoid seeing the Bitch until gym class. For some reason, she had to be in the class where I have no friends.  
While changing, Adel, a semi-friend of mine, starts talking to me about the Bitch. “Michelle, what do you think of Reya Bree?”
“Oh, Reya Bree? I don't really know her.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. What do you think of her?”
“She's awesome and really really nice.”
Well, I'm really really glad that I didn't tell Adel that I think the Bitch is a bitch. I don't think that would work out too nicely. But, wow. Is there really a side of the Bitch that I haven't gotten to know yet? Or is she just two-faced and fake like I assume she is?
I'm not sure, but I do know that that will become the worst gym class in my life. I wanted to beat someone up. During the fifty minute class, Bitch was all over Darren and Adel kept telling me how nice she is. Why Adel is talking to me, I don't know.
We were in the weight room, which is usually my favorite, because I don't have to do anything. While listening to Adel preach about Bitch, I glanced over to Darren. He didn't seem to enjoy having her draped over him, like it's torture. That's cute.
Halfway through the period, I start daydreaming. In my daydream, I was eating dinner with my parents. Anything is better than gym class. Occasionally, Adel's words float into my dream.
“During winter break, she took me on a shopping spree. We went to all these name brand stores, and she paid for everything.” My mom gives me some spinach and steak. She opens her mouth, but out comes Adel's voice. “The only bad thing was that I wasn't the only person. She took a whole bunch of people. And paid for all of them! I can't believe she's so rich. She doesn't look like she would be rich.”
“Maybe her family sells drugs,” I murmur. My mom's face pixelates and then fades, like in the movies. Adel's giant face takes over my vision.
“What did you say? I couldn't hear you clearly.”
Did I really say that out loud? Oops. I wish I could go back to my daydream, but no. “Oh, nothing. I was talking to myself.”
Adel relaxes, and then launches into another speech about Bitch. Which gets me thinking. Maybe this is part of her plan to make my life miserable. Well, it isn't really working, because it's entertaining how much this Bitch is adored.
Then I decide that Adel is messing with my mind. What am I thinking? Entertained? When Bitch is taking over Darren and people around me? I'm definitely going crazy. If I really am going crazy, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. The only thing I can do at this moment, is pretend to be paying attention to Adel. I start doing some calf raises while nodding at Adel.












No comments:

Post a Comment