Saturday, April 6

I Love 刘连城 Liu Lian Cheng

So I just watched 倾世皇妃/Glamorous Imperial Concubine (I know, a little late) and I have NEVER 2ND-LEAD SHIPPED THIS BADLY IN MY LIFE. and it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm on a Wallace Huo craze right now. 
And about this drama. Everything is just a perspective thing. No one was perfect or innocent, because love is selfish. The evil Ma Xiang Yun (Hong Xiao Lin) did everything because she was jealous of Ma Fu Ya (Ruby Lin), and her crazy-messed up love for Liu Lian Cheng (aka 榴莲城/Durian City). But he hated her for being terrible and trying to kill his love, Ma Fu Ya. She, in turn, hated him, for killing her father and capturing her love. All she thought about was who she loved, which wasn't Lian Cheng. And Meng Qi You (Yan Kuan), I don't want to talk about him.
Ma Fu Ya did not deserve Durian City's love. Ok. So, to me, he is the "broken bad boy". He was hurt so badly and in order to protect himself, he became the cruel, heartless person he was. But deep down, he was an amazing person, and just needed some love. But no one would give him that love. Even though he did everything for that girl.
He kept the persimmons that she gave him for all those years. He spent forever trying to get that flower to bloom. He didn't kill Meng Qi You even though he obviously hated him. He started a war for her (even though that was a bit extreme). He was content with just waiting for her to love him. He DIED for her (spoiler?). And all she do was ask him to free Meng Qi You, with no care of his feelings. 


And what did Meng Qi You do? He dragged Ma Fu Ya into Shu Kingdom where she almost died multiple times. He got himself taken as a hostage. The BeiHan Kingdom's princess fell in love with him, and even though he got her pregnant, he was still indifferent to her. Grrrrr................................My poor Durian City.....................
I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. Why do 2nd leads have to be so much better? 

2 comments:

  1. i totally understand you. This is one of the dramas that I 2cnd lead ship! The other is lan ling wang.

    like seriously, i think the producers are just doing this to torture us: get a idiot for the male lead and a hotty bad boy for the 2cnd lead :(

    I mean seriously: qi you treated her like crp and liu lian chen treated her like she was everything to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liancheng is the most pitiful character out of them all (other than Fuya's dad). Fuya didn't deserve his love. If I were Fuya, I wouldn't give Qi You a second glance.

    ReplyDelete